Saturday, November 13, 2010

Different Types of Resoning Examples

1.Reasoning by Analogy
Premise 1: I am in the comm40 class that is required for graduation.
Premise 2: Robert has not taken the comm40 class.
Conclusion: Robert cannot graduate

2.Sign Reasoning
I have noticed that I have not done all three of my blogs within 12 hours apart.
I will be sure to do that next week to make up for my mistakes this week.

3.Casual Reasoning
Premise 1: I feel very lazy at the moment.
Premise 2: I wasn’t able to do my homework.
Conclusion: Therefore my day was not productive.

4.Reasoning by Criteria
I have noticed that you have not fundraised enough money to cover the costs of your club expenses. You need to sell more items.

5.Reasoning by Example
You should study at least 3 hours a day for that class to do well. I noticed that people who spend more than three hours studying for that class get A’s in the class.

6.Inductive
The store has been opening at 9 a.m. everyday for the past 6 months. The store will open at 9 a.m.

7.Deductive
Premise 1: All Giants fans were at the Giants parade.
Premise 2: I am a Giants fan.
Conclusion: I was at the parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment